Luminopia One, an investigational digital therapy that allows patients with amblyopia to watch visually modified TV shows and movies to improve vision, has shown positive results, according to a press release from Luminopia. The phase 3 multicenter, randomized, controlled pivotal clinical trial, published in Ophthalmology, was designed to test the safety and efficacy of Luminopia One in patients with amblyopia aged 4 to 7 years. The trial included 105 patients, with 51 randomly assigned to the treatment group and 54 to the placebo group. At 12 weeks, 45 patients in the treatment group had a 1.8-line improvement in best corrected visual acuity in the weak eye compared with a 0.8-line improvement in BCVA in the control group.
- US FDA Clears IND for 4DMT’s Wet AMD Gene Therapy Candidate
- Oertli Instrumente Acquires Majority Interest in Ophthalmic Instrument Maker Domedics AG
- Adverum Presents Data Showing Gene Therapy Maintained Efficacy, Durability, Safety in Wet AMD Patients
- BVI Announces Investment and Collaboration with Beyeonics Vision
- Eyevensys Enters Collaboration with Phillips-Medisize and Minnetronix Medical